Lozinski Palace was designed in the Historicist style by the architect Filip Pokutynski, and built in 1873 for Countess Isabella Dzieduszycka. The coat of arms of the Dzieduszycki family has been preserved on the facade of the building.
In 1894, the house became the property of Wladyslaw Lozinski (1843–1913), a famous historian, collector, art historian, writer, journalist and owner of a huge collection of antiquities, weapons and works of art. The sculptural interior decoration was probably made by Bronislaw Marian Soltys between 1895 and 1896. In 1914, after the death of Wladyslaw Lozinski, his nephew sold the palace and a part of the collection to the city. Thus, the Gallery got its own premises, which it has not had since its founding in 1907. Between 1959 and 1960, a two-stored building was added to the palace along Stefanyka Street.
Over the years, the Gallery was named the City Gallery, the National Gallery of Lviv, and the Lviv Art Gallery. Now it is the Museum of European Art of the 19th-21st c. of Borys Voznytskyi Lviv National Art Gallery. The museum collection includes the works by Jan Matejko, Jacek Malczewski, Artur Grottger, Mykhailo Boichuk, Mykola Fediuk and others.
ADMISSION BY TICKET ONLY